Fiu! now that I listed all the excuses I could come up with as to why I was not writing on our blog =9 Here is the update of April =)
At the end of March Jon got a job offer in Murray UT. What a blessing! Jon really liked the bosses, the company was relatively new but growing fast and in a field that was of Jon's interest plus it was for sure going to just get bigger. They made him an offer BUT at this point Jon had an interview coming in which he was going to be fly to. He asked for time to make the decision because he owed the company (Payless) the chance to interview him. Payless interviewed him on Saturday and the Murray company (Mind Share) wanted a response by Monday (so what a gamble!). Long story short, the interview went great in Payless and Jon and I kept having really good feelings about Payless. My mind and heart were of course in staying in Utah... who would want to move to Topeka over SLC, nobody! We really liked both companies, if we had an offer with both it was going to be a tough decision to make.
Jon came back from his interview in KS on Monday and the other 4 people being interviewed by Payless were going to be interviewed after Jon so obviously we didn't have an offer by Monday, but they did tell him he did awesome and the feedback they got for him was positive. Jon asked Mind Share for extra days to think about it and that Payless would offer him a little bit more (ooooo risky!!!!). We could not gamble our family's future by rejecting Mind Share (which was also an amazing opportunity and a truly good offer). So Mind Share gave us the time to think AND offered him MORE. I was really shocked at all the blessings we were receiving. It felt as if we were a guy dating around and 2 really beautiful caring women were courting us hahaha
After nice emails and calls from both companies Payless made an offer to Jon higher than what they told him in KS he would've gotten. We prayed about it and went to the temple and it was clear for us that we were moving to Kansas. Jon and I were actually really sad to have to say no to Mind Share. The people that interviewd him were actually the CEOs and bosses and they were so nice. Even after Jon said he was going to decline their offer and he said "good luck with your search" they told Jon that if they get someone nearly as good as him they'd be lucky <3 I am so proud of my sweetheart. He is a wonderful man and everybody can see that.
April I was completely dedicated to packing, searching for a home, and calling the wards over in Topeka to start making friends. BOY was that a good idea (pat on the back to me!). I called over 25 rentals and researched every single detail of their properties. FINALLY after much calling and researching we found a place, our first place in KS, West Indian Hills. We found out we had a few connections in KS, friends of friends, cousins of friends, uncles of friends and Olya's in-laws are in our ward. I made friends over facebook and email with some ladies in the wards here in SW and some in SE. It was awesome because as soon as I got here I had playgroups to go to and friends I could talk to.
Another huge event is that we sold our Saturn and bought the Mexican mama a Toyota Sienna van =))) YAY!!! Best purchase ever. It took forever to convince Jon but now he LOVES the Sienna. That was a lot of calling and going to see vans and what not. We couldn't have done that without our mechanic and good friend Freddy and his son Carlos. They were SO nice to us and they charged us very reasonable prices. What a blessing.
Now the part everyone likes, the pictures:
Well, not so likeable, he got sick for the first time. He was throwing up non-stop =(( it was the saddest thing. He cried every time he threw up because it was SO new to him. He is so healthy all the time. My sweet baby. He slept with me that night (well I didn't sleep but laid with him) and he was so tired from the awful night he had. He had his Peter and paci (which he calls Bowie to both) all day long and I put a blanket on the floor and pillows and relaxed with him. Look at this sweet angel face.
Though he was sick, it didn't stop him from having fun with daddy. He was high-fiveing daddy's belly but since we laughed at the very un-masculine way he was doing it he kept doing it over and over and laughing with us.
I LOVE LOVE LOVE my playgroup in Orem. I love the girls and their kids and the parks we have around. Oh how I miss it =( Anyway, here he is in the playground just being his cute little self. As I've said before he is not much of parallel playing, he likes interaction and well, kids his age are not typically interested in that so after a little bit of going around the playground he takes off to the basket ball court or the grass. As his auntie Heather says, "he is the kid that gets kidnapped in the movies" hahahaha He does roam around.
Ok, guilty as charged. He was going to sit in the box and got stuck so what does mom do? GET THE CAMERA! Then I rescued him.
He MELTS me!
One of his favorite toys... the potato bucket.
or my clothes... or daddy's shoes.
Here is Damian twin #1 his name is Boston. He auntie Heather's nephew. Damian as usual sharing and trying to interact <3 Oh the sweet spirit he is. It humbles me.
At the end of our journey in Utah we had an open house for our friends and family. Our friends are mostly our family in Utah. Here is our Liberty crew =) They have been such an example and so good to us. We met them online through my political involvement in UT.
Hola familia!
Anika Fe Larsen & Damian Loren Lau. They're cousins thrice removed or something like that but Erica (Anika's mom) is like a sister to me.
Hugging each other <3
He looks like he is done hugging hahaha
At daddy's graduation! So proud of my love
Our really good friends the Rossi's and the Mendoza's. Josh and Jessie are siblings, Angel and Roxana are sibilings, Josh married Roxana and Angel married Jessie. You cannot make this stuff up! We all met Salsa dancing. I was Josh's best friend for a while, then I became super close with Jessie and now we're just all close =) Roxana and I had our baby girls 5 days apart! We got each other a present for each other and well, it was THE SAME model of clothing but different colors. Roxana surely has good taste. We joked that next time we'll just tell each other "get yourself something from me and I'll do the same" hahaha
This is my dear friend Jessie. She is such an example of a true friend and just what a disciple of Christ should be like. She ALWAYS offered to help us (when I was sick and during our move) and ACTUALLY would come to help every time. Plus we just click so well. I miss her a ton =( Here is with her mom. Cristie was always so sweet to me, obviously she is an amazing woman and that's why Jess is who she is and why Josh is who he is. LOVE this family =)
No comments:
Post a Comment