MANDINGA, Veracruz
The restaurant that we always go to in Mandinga is being there since I think my mother and siblings were little. I love the music and the food but to be honest it is a bitter sweet feeling to go there. I love the typical music, I love the artesanias (anyone care to translate this?), but I do not love seeing little boys and girls selling them or dancing to get the food for the day. It's not always child exploitation because you can see the little kids loving their lives, I still wish they could have a better life.
Damian started with his cute shorts sandals and hat.... then the heat was so unbearable, he strip down to his diaper.
THE MUSIC
Live music. Usually you pay the group you like the most a quote and they play for the time you eat there. All the songs are typical songs, so I really don't know them LOL but they are awesome.
This little one dancing made me fall in love with him. He was learning the dancing skills form his brother that was dancing in the other side. He was good!!! His shoes and pants were
Jonathan's size. Obviously, those are his dad's or brother's hand downs... I really need to adopt some wonderful children that would be able to do so much more given a better circumstance. I too had to dance to pay for my college in Mexico. I too was in a folkloric band like this little boy. I was given much more opportunities than the ones he has now. I hope one day we can provide better circumstances for kids like him.
One of the typical dances in Veracruz is performed by putting a bottle in their heads or a candle and zapatear, which is like clogging or tap.
On the way back Valentina held Damian's hand! Which it was A LOT since she didn't seem to fond of him for the first days LOL She kept saying "Baby no!" and kicking people out of the room if they were holding "the baby." By the end of the trip she would tell her mom "let's go to Damian's house" LOL!
My smiley little man <3
Driving towards Boca del Rio singing and dancing with his cousin Valentina.
No comments:
Post a Comment