We're in Veracruz Mexico and having sort of a good time LOL I got my root canal, it is way hotter than we remembered it, and being a single parent is NO FUN.
The dentist I have here was FANTASTIC. It didn't hurt at all when he was working on the tooth but I do have the after pain in my mouth now. The best part is that it was 80 bucks... for the whole thing.
The heat is insane! I have no idea how many farenheits we're here but we're 42-45 Celcius plus the humidity. We live 2 blocks from the beach so it is pretty humid and hot. Thank goodness for ACs!
I miss my super awesome helpful handsome husband like CRAZY. I miss obviously having my better half with me and I also help his muscles (seriously) He is stronger than me and can hold Damian for longer spams of time. Luckily we have lots of aunts here that love Damian. Especially grand aunt Emma, I grew up pretty much with her and she LOVES Damian. She is an older version of me but definitely nicer LOL
Last complaint I promise, Damian's room is practically the only room that doesn't smell like smoke. I've been second-hand smoking this whole time because the ones that smoke are considerate of Damian's litle lungs but not so much of mine LOL. That's ok because they don't mean to be rude, it's just that even when they try to smoke away from me the smoke stays around and I get to smell it.
In the other hand, we're so happy to be able to spend time with the family and enjoy the beauties of Mexico and its culture. It is quite cultural here to make friends every time you go out. People are so warm and kind.
My mom also enjoys having Damian here, she made a really pretty area in his room full of cute toys to play with. His favorite new toy is a Kermit the Frog (la rana Rene).
Damian had his bday hat on for a little bit before he started pulling it and try to chew it.
Coinsidently while I was here, really old friends from Cancun stop by in Veracruz. This friends are like our family. We spent every Christmas, New Years, Birthdays, etc etc. The Dominguez are the best. The ladies with Orange shirt and the one with the Mexican pink shirt by me are Monica and Adriana Dominguez. It was soooo nice to see them after 11 years. The rest are my family and 3 of my mom's friends. The other guy in the pciture (besides Damian) is Hugo, Maru's boyfriend.
Carla Jimenez (cousin), Nena Perez (mom's business partner and high school friend), Adriana Dominguez (Cancun friend), Lety (Memo's girlfriend and hopefully soon enough wife), Me/ Damian, Karime (my friend from Veracruz), my mom, on the back with curls Pily (mom's co worker), tia Emma (Aunt and mom of Paulina and Memo).
Carla, Me, my mom or Yaya (grandma in Spain), Damian, and Valentina (Damian's cousin).
Lety, Maru (cousin and Carla's sister), Carla, me, Karime, Mom, Paulina (cousin and Emma's daughter), Mayus (mom's older sister and Carla and Maru's mom), Emma, and kids.
Like every other Mexican party, there is a pinata. Patrick (Patricio) is Damian's pinata. since it was more for us than for the kids we had spicy candy inside of the pinata. Here is lil Damian hitting the pinata. The cute boy by Damian is Nena's son Santiago aka Santi (Nena is my mom's business partner). The lady holding Damian is my mom's school friend Lupe. We owe to her also the pinata, the diapers Damian used in Mexico, and a gazillion other things. She is a dear friend that sees Damian like a grandson too.
Pau and Santi hitting the pinata. Everyone got a turn =)
The end! (At least of the party pictures)

How fun that you get to be with your family!! I love that they threw a birthday party!
ReplyDeleteThanks Jill! It's been super fun =) We hope to see you guys soon. We love you!
Delete