Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Boca del Rio and Veracruz

Crossing the bridge to Boca del Rio. Some houses by the canal, some hotels, some offices, and lots of palm trees =)



















Behold, Boca del Rio! Lots of huge ships, little fishing boats, etc etc















 





 The Boca del Rio plaza. At night time the older people go dancing with friends and spouses. I love the amount of music ad dancing this city has.



 

                            Restaurants around the plaza.










 A pizza place in Boca.











 Glorias y Raspados are like iceys, and shaved ice with natural fruits and cereal waters like horchata, cebada, oatmeal water etc.



   
    Then the hotdogs stands... the BEST hotdogs.




 By the area where the ships and boats dock there was a car exhibition. I thought this car was AWESOME!











 BIG museum ship.





Ok this YOU HAVE TO READ,  the boulevard in Veracruz goes from the port of Veracruz all the way to Boca del Rio. The whole thing is non stop, great for running. So the city put workout machines along the boulevard. What an awesome idea! And they have free aerobic and zumba classes at night.




 The boulevard goes along the beach, and on ans off there are hotels and little restaurants in it too.


Veracruz is full of Spaniard, Mexican, and European families that came here and made LOTS and LOTS of money and own LOTS and LOTS of properties. For example, the top of the hill in the next picture is a house, one family. They own the huge orange hotel on the right. Veracruz has interestingly very wealthy people with some areas of extreme poverty. The very wealthy employ the really poor for very little. The poor have little to no chance to move up... I won't say any more depressing things I promise. 



So another beautiful thing is the sailing, kite surfing, boating, canoeing some citizens do. My cousin Jose Carlos is a kite surf instructor. The beach looks beautiful









We were just driving by and taking pictures but I think that kite surfing there was my cousin. 







  More cute hotels and homes by the beach.





I worked my third job in this hotel, Fiesta Americana. I started as the hostess of one restaurant, then did practices to be the Food and Beverage Manager. 






This is la Isla de Sacrificios. People canoe or swim from the port of Veracruz to there. There is no people living there except for the people in the Faro (light house) and the soldiers guarding it.


 

Solo Veracruz es bello!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment