So here are a few pictures for all of you. Damian loves to play on his little mat, he coos at his toys and smiles huge at them like they're telling him something, he specially loves his deer. Look how he holds him
I am doing the EASY approach with Damian: Eat, Activity, Sleep, You (so Me time), so usually his mat is the activity or just standing in my lap (I'll explain that in a little bit). This one time he was in his mat very content and then I thought "well he is probably done" so I just picked him up... well, I learned at that moment that it is not until he is tired that I should take him away from his precious mat, he started crying like life was over! It was sad and hilarious at the same time.
Damian is typically very predictable at why he is crying for, he cries for food, sleep time, and to be held... the fact that he is predictable doesn't always make him reasonable, sometimes he demands to be held for longs periods of time. You might wonder "Do you give in?" Well, sometimes. I keep getting mixed messages by books, moms, and doctors that either you must teach the child to soothe himself, or that if you let him cry he will always feel insecure; all these absolutes. In fact Damian and I go one day at the time having a little mix of both worlds.
Here is him sleeping with Peter, his elephant that Abuelo Loren got him. Oh! Yesterday when I went to get him after his nap I saw Peter's foot and it was full of drool HAHAHAHA He sucked on Peter foot I am assuming. It was pretty funny. His other favorite activity like I said is to stand up, yes to stand up. I don't think Damian ever got to be a new born. He has being doing non-new-born things since day one, more like day 10. He slept 6 hours a few days after birth (but silly me I started waking him up because nurses said to wake him every two hours and then I found out that a child the weight of Damian didn't really need that UGH!), he rolled over tummy to back at 10 days, and back to tummy a few days later (Jon and I joke because some moms want to 'one-up' everybody and brag about the milestones accomplished by their child BEFORE YOURS!!! LOL So we say Damian will be a scientist OBVIOUSLY since he rolled over so early), and he is standing up since Thanksgiving time. So how does he stands up? Well I sit him in my lap looking at me and then he holds with each hand my right and left thumb (or whatever finger he gets a hold of) respectively. Then he pushes himself with my fingers up and stands up and looks around. He looks hilarious when he does that. We do not have yet pictures or video of that so I guess I could be lying so I'll get some video of it ;) Anyway he stays standing up balancing himself with my fingers like he is balancing with his arms in front of his chest. I used to stand him up holding his armpits and started noticing he was doing all the work til he surprised me with his little standing-on-his-own trick. Finally he is cooing consistently and in a conversation-like way since a week before Thanksgiving. It really is adorable when they start cooing. We have intense conversations and as soon as we figure how to upload videos on this thing we'll put some up for you =) Thanks for visiting our blog and keeping up w DL's life. We definitely want you to be part of this awesome adventure. Love Ani, Jonathan, and DL
No comments:
Post a Comment