The most rewarding feeling is that of holding that sweet angel you've been longing for, whether is adopted or created within you, it is in fact a gift God trusts in our hands. How amazing that the Lord trusts imperfect immature people with his sweet little children, but he does. Because as much as we teach and try to be good roll models for them, they teach us more and inspire us more with their innocence.
I always loved the idea of natural birth. If I couldhave it like in Sweden where hospitals have an entire Birth Center annexed I would have LOVED that. I planned to wait for natural birth but my hips were in abnormal pain and when I walked it hurt and I felt there was something off. On Monday the 10th I called the doctors to ask to be checked but they said if I my water hasn't broke then I should be fine til Friday.
My midwife just walked me down the hallway to the ultrasound area and the ultrasound lady said Emmita was in fact breech. Then she also said, "and there is no fluids." Both midwife and ultrasound lady looked concerned at this point, they said she was gonna have to be born that day and it was going to have to e a C-Section; without fluids they couldn't rotate her. The ultrasound lady needed to get movement from Olivia but nothing. I was completely in the dark, why was she not moving?! Did I just kill my baby girl? =( So I asked what was going on. Finally they told me Emma Olivia's heart was doing good and the cord was doing good too so we just wanted to get those movements for safety.
There is NOTHING in this world that scares me most than needles and heights. Let's just put it this way, I would take a punch in the face before donating plasma (have you seen that needle and the blood and all that yukky stuff?). BUT at this point I just needed my girl in my arms. I don't care what it takes, get her here safe.
My mom and my step-dad were outside waiting for me and taking care of Damian. They had NO idea what was going on and I didn't want them to know and be worried. I called Jon immediately. The Lord truly blessed us because the day before he was in Kansas City (1 hr and a half away) but Friday he was 5 minutes away from me. While I was on the phone I just got too overwhelmed and fainted. The nurses and my midwife were super sweet and caring, but I was TOO scared. I then called my mom Lau (my husband's mom) I am able to talk to her better than with anyone. I finally felt like I could vent and felt more relaxed.
Jon got to the clinic and took me to the hospital. After nasty needles and throwing up (I am that scared of needles), they took em to the quirofano (don't know the name in English) and they didn't let Jon in... I was gonna have to get the stupid spinal (like epidural) without him by my side and holding my hand. I was just balling the entire time =( The doctors were nice but it just felt lonely in that room. So cold and scary.
Jon came in afterwards and stayed with me. The started operating and suddenly I heard this tiny beautiful sweet cry <3 The balling of sadness and scariness turned into the happiest tears. Then I heard everyone laughing. Apparently Olivia came out and held onto the doctors scissors super tight hahaha. They had to open her little hand to get her to let the scissors go. Jon went to see her, she was fine, I was fine. It was just a scary morning but now we were all fine.
Emma Olivia was born on June 14th like my cousin Guillermo (Guilli) which is son of my aunt Emma, the aunt that I named Emma Olivia after. My aunt Emma took care of me when I was little and my mom had to go to work. She taught me to laugh at myself and not to take things to seriously.
Olive was following daddy as he took pictures of her. Very aware little girl. Happy to be touched by daddy.
Jon begged me to let him take a picture of me. Well there it is... nothing glamorous about giving birth LOL
Daddy and daughter <3
Yaya and Emma Olivia <3
Finally mommy could hold her.
Matching!!


So as soon as Olive was born, we noticed her long fingers, thin chin, and nose were nothing like mine. Damian was sort of a combo of both of us and the became my twin. Olive just looks like Jon. She is going to be a gorgeous woman.


Jonathan in grandma Lau's arms.
Olivia in Jonathan's arms.


The Introduction
Everybody asked if Damian acted jealous. Well, this is how the conversation went:
Us: "Here Damian! Your sister. Emma! =)"
Damian: "Botones (runs to the buttons on the microwave)"
He was not too interested in that wiggly little thing.
The best thing about this whole thing, was having my mom and Carlos Fernando to support us. We could not have done it without them. What a blessing that they could come for an entire month. In our opinion they should just move over here.
First time Emma Olivia wears a dress =)
Suddenly my little baby boy looks SOOOO big!
First day at home, Emma Olivia was crying a little and Damian without anyone directing him to grabbed her "bowie" (pacifier) and said "Emma, bowie" and gave it to her. He is my sweet angel.
All these time Damian just has grown more fond of holding her and help her stop crying.

It is funny how Damian looks like he knows what he is doing. We never taught him how to feed her yet he just does what we used to do to him. Even the mouth noises we did for him to start sucking <3 Such a good brother.... so far... hope I didn't jinksed it.


Smiles, funny faces, and poses.

Yaya with Emmita.
Damian loves to put on shoes. He does a good job at putting them on on his own. Then he walks around the house with them, then puts them back.

A little blurry but more smiles =)


My favorite thing is to see my sweetheart holding our sweethearts.


Los yayos con Emmita.

She is so aware and alert. Her muscles are super strong according to the therapist. Because she was breech she will have to have casts in her little feet for 2 months or more to put them back in place but they say she will be fine after that.
Even when I put her to sleep, or in her swing for a little she HAS to be looking at me. It is adorable <3
Damian taking his pants off... no reason LOL
More of Damian wanting to hold his sister. He even says "shh" so she doesn't wake up <3
My children are lucky to have wonderful grandparents on both sides. What a blessing.

































So sweet. She is just beautiful. I am glad everything turned out. You are a family of four now....pretty awesome huh!! Love you guys!!
ReplyDeleteAna, this made me cry a little. You have such a beautiful family and we miss you guys! Damian is such a sweetheart and Emma is already soooo gorgeous.
ReplyDeleteThank you so much friend. We miss you guys too very much. Whenevrr you're in Kansas come visit :9
Delete