So as you know we're in Michigan for the Summer. I am missing terribly my friends in Utah and the awesome ward we have there. However, this ward is very nice to us. We're rapidly making some good friends here too =)
While Mom Lau was here Damian and we got very spoiled. She got Damian cute outfits and a super cute hat. He looks like a little explorer. She also got him a few church shirts.
At church, Damian is SOOOO good! He is the perfect kid, just sleeps, sits there, and flirts with all the ladies... we did not teach him that.
Speaking of church, 2 weeks after we moved here I got called to teach in the church primary!!! Mother's day was my first day teaching. As you all know I didn't grow up being a member of the church so I really have NEVER been in the primary, not even as an adult. My first day was awesome though. I have 6 kids, five 5 year olds and one 6 year old; 5 girls and 1 boy. Jon is taking a break this Summer from his calling in church but now he is the one taking care of Damian during church... I don't know who's really taking the break LOL
Damian is a chunky healthy happy little guy. He has the cheesiest smiles and giggles. He thinks is hilarious when we say BA! My "ba!" is funnier than Jonathan's, we do not know why but Damian certainly prefers mine =9 He tries to talk A LOT but not interested in crawling, rolling he gets anywhere he wants. His trick ,a little before we move here and developed here, is that he claps when we say Patty Cakes or Bravo. Grandma Lau taught him the patty cakes ting and I taught him to clap his lil hands. Here he is sitting down to play while we work out. Oh boy he is the best!
In the workout room there is a closet with mirror doors. Damian is a fan of mirrors, or himself, however you wanna see it. He loves looking at the happy little guy in the other side and wants to hold him. He likes people!
Oh dear! That reminded me of Damian's friend Savannah. Our friends the Golladay's have a gorgeous little girl and they came to say goodbye when we left Utah. Savannah sat by Damian and he started touching her shoulder gentle and just being his smooth Latin self hahaha. There are no pictures but there is a perfect video in our channel.
Jon and I are doing really good. His internship is amazing, he is learning so much and blessed to be working in such a good company. His schedule is perfect. I see him a lot more than when he is at school and we get to spend so much more quality time (some of the quality time includes shows like Psyche, White Collar, and Fringe LOL). Here we get to take more walks, work out together, go around the block with Damian after dinner, and bathe Damian together.
Damian is not a fan of splashing in the tub, he mostly likes to munch on his toys. One day he thought it was fun and since it is not a daily occurrence we took pictures, there is a hilarious video of him sliding in the tub. The videos are all posted in our youtube channel but also in the top part of the blog.
Grandma Lau has a couple adorable towels here in Michigan. Damian uses a pink lady bug one and a monster one.
Since Jon is home early, he gets to play more with Damian while I make dinner. Well, he doesn't really play with Damian. He does what's called 'parallel playing.' When children are as young as Damian, they play around other kids but separate.
Jonathan loves playing with Legos, sometimes he gets frustrated that Damian knocks down his awesome Lego structures HAHAH (you guys think I'm kidding) but mostly they play nice with each other.
Well that's the update on our little lives right now. I am off to Mexico tomorrow and hope to have lots of pictures to share.
Love you!
I loove reading up on your lives prima! Los extrano!!!! Ahahaaaaaaaa I love the part of John playing legos, I TOTALY believe it!
ReplyDeleteHAHAH I know prima! I miss you guys. When we get back Scottie, Damian, and Jon can play legos and we girls can do some girly stuff =) MUAH!
Delete